We are thrilled to promote the “Toward Justice” virtual event series put on by the University of Arizona’s College of Humanities through the month of October. This is a series of virtual events “about the ideals of freedom, equality, and justice in America and around the world.” The title of the series is taken from a famous quote from Dr. Martin Luther King, “the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.”
The remaining events in the month of October include:
- Thursday, October 15) “Religion, Race & Health: Solutions to Disparities in Care” community webinar at 4 pm on Zoom.
- Friday October 16, 23 & 30) “Humanities Guest DJs” live at 5 pm on KXCI, 91.3 FM.
- Monday, October 19) “Film Series: Fire at Sea,” web premiere with commentary by Humanities Professor Francesco Rabissi, 4 pm.
- Wednesday, October 21) “Art for Justice: New Poems & Digital Humanities Archive” with introduction by Poetry Center Director Diana Delgado, 4 pm.
- Thursday, October 22) “Justice Across Boundaries: Migration, Multilingualism & Exchange” Zoom webinar at 5 pm.
- October 26, 27, and 28) “Toward Justice for All: The Global Impact of Humanities Research” 4 pm daily on Zoom.
More information about the “Toward Justice” series, including Zoom links and full event descriptions, can be found here. If you attend any of these events, please let us know!